Pages

Friday 5 October 2012

superwoman?!?!?!?

hello again!

I loved Suzie's comment that she has left below... and I have actually just private messaged you Suzie on fb to explain how I manage to do so much and keep on top of everything else.
Yes I have 4 children but I think its important to have time to ourselves too.... If I did everything for them 24/7 and nothing for myself I would go crazy! and thats not pretty believe me :)
Like i told Suzie, my stash lives downstairs on my dining room table and only usually goes away when we have visitors for dinner, so I have total access to it at all times. this means even when Elsie is running around I can still walk past and take a look now and then and tweak things without sitting and thinking about it constantly. 
I also don't put housework at the top of my priority list...Im probably gonna get hounded by a million people for that but its just not the most important thing to me in life. 
My children are fed, well dressed and well looked after. they never miss out on anything and I spend lots of time playing with them, however I like to do my own stuff when I can too.

I NEED to scrap, its not because i want to but it seriously keeps me sane, for an hour or 2 a day I'm not just mum...I can be me and do stuff that I like.... housework does get done when the children are home, and its impossible for me to craft. I usually do most things before they go to school so that I don't have to run around like a headless chicken when I get home. I tend to prepare meals in the morning before i do anything else so that I know dinner will be ready and they will be fed if I don't feel like doing it later on. 
I hoover, clean and do washing like any normal SAHM I just do other stuff to. 
I dont think that makes me superwoman or anything special...actually maybe it makes me sound a little bit mad for putting crafting so high up on my priority list but do you know what, I wouldn't change it... I love it and I love making special keepsakes for my children. 
So if i don't hoover for one day, the world is not going to fall to pieces... I'l just do it tomorrow.... and to let you into a little secret.... I never tidy toys away when the kids are awake! what a pointless job when they are gonna wanna play with them 5 minutes later! they stay out all day and go away when they go to bed! so if i have visitors yes my house may look untidy but its lived in...def NOT a show home :)

Right now thats off my chest.... I can show you what else i have made whilst Elsie is STILL asleep!


a second page for todays prompt of using wood elements.
this time i chose to use a woodgrain chevron patterned paper as a basis for my layout, I knew i wanted this shape and the photos to be in the middle but the rest just happened as I went along. 
I used to try and copy Shimelle's style of making 3 little groups of matching elements, but its gotten more apparent to me lately that it just doesn't work for me.... I cant do matching stuff, it looks weird when i do it... instead I do groups but of other stuff, it makes me much happier and thats what its all about :)

right Mo's awake, time for lunch xxxx



3 comments:

  1. Emma, love your honest post. I too don't put housework top of the list and also believe that as long as the kids are happy and fed thats what matters most! I find I spend too much time on the computer and not enough time crafting so your post has encouraged me to get scrapping again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have your priorities all wrong. Hoovering should always come first. HA! As if! I definitely think healthy and happy children come first but that can only happen if Mum is happy and healthy too (in the main). Nobody ever died wishing they had done more hoovering ;-) (the less said about my housework the better I think...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! you go and craft and be a great mum too... i totally agree with you too, If folk come around and they don't like the mess my kids make... they don't have to stay! and yes the walls get a bit grubby now and then and I hardly vacuum (laminate floors are a godsend!) but I also spend a lot laid up with sciatica and an as yet undiagnosed condition that leaves me with clawed up hands and pain all over my muscles and joints, but like your kids, mine know they are loved and are fed and clean clothes most days lol...jeans with knees missing are part of growing up ;) Thank heavens for my Mr Wonderful!
    My mum used to have this quiche dish that I now have.. it got broken but I glued it back together to be used on display in my kitchen cos I love the verse on it!
    I believe its by Ruth Hamilton.

    Mother, oh Mother, come shake out your cloth
    empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
    hang out the washing and butter the bread,
    sew on a button and make up a bed.
    Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
    She’s up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.

    Oh, I’ve grown shiftless as Little Boy Blue
    (lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).
    Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
    (pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo).
    The shopping’s not done and there’s nothing for stew
    and out in the yard there’s a hullabaloo
    but I’m playing Kanga and this is my Roo.
    Look! Aren’t her eyes the most wonderful hue?
    (lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).

    The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
    for children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
    So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
    I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep.

    Lisa
    xx

    ReplyDelete