Pages

Tuesday 23 October 2012

hooray for tuesday!

WHOOP WHOOP!

today was Tuesday!, I had a day to myself for the first time in 10 days and it was heaven.
I wasted no time in getting into my craft room and to Carole's disapproval I had started my challenge by the time she joined me.
Im so pleased as i managed to complete 2.5 pages today and have a couple more from days past to show you too.... grab a cuppa this could take a while :)



This is day 19 of LOAD which was to scraplift someone from the LOAD flickr gallery. 
I chose to lift Lytia1 and this is her page.

It also incorporates Carole's daily challenge which was to have a patchwork heart on the page, i think she wanted something bigger!??!?! but I had to do it my way (not sure I can do any other way)
Im very pleased with the end result tho, and love this picture that my cousin took of the suspension bridge at night, my favourite thing in Bristol at night :)

This one is for day 20 of LOAD and the challenge for this day was to use washi tape.
Its the only piece of patterned anything on this very minimal page, another which Carole isn't keen on :) but I LOVE it :)
I think it really focuses on the photos, and also the title.... I had to add some colour didn't I lol
It also incorporates Carole's challenge to use white paper and have everything in a strip across the page...well almost.



LOAD 21 - something which has been hard to overcome..... I chose to do the easiest things for this challenge, which is a photo of my tattoo which I had done to remember my Nan. Not that I will ever ever forget her, but it keeps her with me at all times... she will forever be the wise old bird on my shoulder guiding me through life!
the title My Way recognises that this is how I chose to deal with my Nan's passing, it has helped me and always will i think.
I also added in Carole's challenge which was to use circle segments :)



LOAD 22 was to use a photo which had the back of people in it... I take loads of those kind of pictures, is that creepy?!?!?!? I find they tend to be more natural!
This one is of Lola and aunty Maxine, on the beach at Bude when we visited for Chris and Stephs wedding.... it was a very windy day :)
The lollipop flowers came from a Carole challenge which i am now up to date with :) and the butterflies were Carole's idea also, it definitely wouldn't be Tuesday if we didn't scrap together and have a  laugh.... today was no different after she almost made me spit lemonade over my layouts when she made me laugh!

I will miss it next tuesday when we are both busy so roll on the 7th November :)


2 comments:

  1. OK, could you quit making me sound harsh?! I NEVER said that I didn't like the first two layouts! It's no secret that I'm not keen on yellow, but I can still appreciate that it is a lovely layout. I love the patchwork heart and if I wanted it bigger then I should have said (lesson learnt!)

    Love the two we did together today, that circle is very effective and the lollipop flowers are so pretty :)

    Big hugs

    Carole xxx

    p.s. I'm looking forward to 7th November too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful set of layouts again there Emma! Suzie xxx :)

    ReplyDelete