Pages

Friday 12 August 2011

week 7.....

yesterday was the start of week 7 of my big picture motherload class and this week our theme to think about is pages without journalling.

I hardly ever do pages with journalling so thought this would be easy, but when you go into more depth about this weeks assignment it says that a reader must be able to know what feelings and events you are trying to get across without having journalling present. by use of colours, where you place items and photos on your page and elements that you use on it.

I did this page as a starter....which I also tied in to this fortnights Ribbon reel challenge:

Im not sure I did so well using elements and things that represent what this page is meant to.
I read that green....... or now is aqua blue?!?!?! means harmony..... so that works for me, plus the cloud paper was too cute not to use!

I added the banner to represent my celebration at having such good beautiful daughters, the hearts symbolise the love I have for them and that they have for each other. and the clouds (apart from looking lovely) symbolise the dreamyness lmao...... I kind of gave it a go but would only grade myself on this first task a C for effort...must try harder!!!

must say it was kind of off putting as I have just got my new studio Calico kit, which is super big as I added a few little extras into my basket as a birthday present to myself.... so obviously HAD to use bits form in there.

Anyways, they worked perfectly for the ribbon reel challenge and I love how it works with my black and white photo of the girls. good enough reason for me.

3 comments:

  1. How sweet are your little girls Emma! I love your B&W photo with these colours. Thanks for playing along with us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful layout of your babies, so pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at The Ribbon Reel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a lovely layout - the photo of your girls is super and the bunting, flower and title - just make it so special!

    ReplyDelete