Pages

Friday 4 November 2011

kitty cat

So yesterday didn't go to plan... A friend turned up with a gift for Lola... he had been telling he the other week about the child catcher in Chitty chitty bang bang, so we found clips on you tube for her to watch but yesterday he turned up with the video for her to watch... so yesterday afternoon was spent watching chitty chitty bang bang with Pete and the girls lol.... The poor quality picture and dodgy songs along with the film itself flitting from one scene to the next was quite funny... I must have watched it as a kid, but for the life of me I don't remember it... at least I have seen it now, what was I missing  :)

Fireworks last night was amazing.... everybody clapped and cheered as they exploded one after another and the prettiest ones were those that exploded once into little sections and the the little sections poofed again to make more pretties in the sky, was really beautiful. 
my stupid camera was playing up tho so I didn't get any pics but hopefully there are some on my granddads camera, will upload later if there are any good uns!!!

Elsie surprised us all by loving it all, she didn't even flinch with the loud bangs or anything... Daniel however has a fear of looking up which reared its head again last night..I must look up what thats called and see if we can do anything for it. 

The hog roast was delicious and instead of the promised hot chocolate I had a couple of cheeky vodkas :) and the best bit was that I still lost 3lbs on my diet this week, I'm so proud of myself. little by little I will be skinny ish again lol

so now onto why I'm here.... my page from prompt 15, yesterdays was wrong it was 14 not 13 :) 

the prompt was about us folding paper to make embellishments for on our pages, I dreaded this when I read it, I'm not one for using tacky embellishments usually, or any embellishments if I'm honest lol so this was gonna be a toughy for me.
I knew however that I wanted to scrap Elsies halloween pics so used this as my starting point. I decided to research origami on the net, googles amazing isn't it!!! then I thought it might be nice to do a cat to match the one on Elsies costume. 

I found the most easy and straight forward video on you tube telling you every step of the way how to make a cat, so I did this, and to be honest i like it but wish I hadnt ruined it by drawing it a face!!

anyways here it is:


I used this weeks sketch by sketchy thursday, you'll find the post for it here

I also used my blackboard stickers, I was trying to find something roundish, to put up int hat corner and this pumpkin shaped one jumped out at me!!!

please let me know what you think :)

see you soon xxxxx

9 comments:

  1. love the cat...and the face is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its gorgeous Emma :D and Elsie looks adorable xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on doing this prompt - I too am a little worried about this one (although I have loads to do until I even get to think about this one!) Love your cat though, and your daughter is just adorable :)

    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just too cute - I love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute!
    Thanks for playing along with ST!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is sooooooooooooo precious!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the photos, the colors and that wood grain! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cat, and the colors of this layout are FABULOUS!! Thanks for joining us at Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors in your LO and the cute banner! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Sketchy Thursdays :)
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooo cute! Love the colors and this sweet paper cat! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete